Monday, November 2, 2009

Moving at the speed of...

I don't know what it is about this year, but everyone is saying the same thing - it's going by really quickly! The last time I checked, I was looking forward to the food festival and harvest festival. I was getting excited seeing October expiry dates on things. Now I'm seeing December! How is it November already? How are Thanksgiving and my gourmet night just memories (delicious memories)?

I feel like I need to be more deliberate about things, or else it will be Christmas before I'm ready for it. Maybe I should take the kids for a walk this afternoon and collect some leaves before they're all gone. Breathe in the autumn air while it's still just barely chilly, rather than cold. Enjoy the crinkle of leaves under my feet before we're all tromping through snow.

And while I'm being deliberate with my time, it's time to play Wii with my son while his sister naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment