Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cookie creation

I bought some flavoured oils a couple of weeks ago and have been wanting to play with them. Spearmint oil, cinnamon oil and orange oil (plus apple and amaretto flavourings). Today I was in the mood to make shortbread, and decided it would be a good time to play. Here is the result...


Orange Cinnamon Shortbread

1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
1/2 tsp orange oil
1/4 tsp cinnamon oil
2 C all purpose flour
water

Cream together the butter, sugar and oils. Add the flour and mix to combine. If it's too dry, add water a teaspoon at a time to bring it almost together.

Form the dough into a ball with your hands and roll out to 1/4" thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes (I used small Christmas ornament cookie cutters).

Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes, until the bottoms are light brown. Cool on racks.

Makes about 60 small cookies

~ I decorated mine by mixing some paste food colouring with a splash of cream and painting it on the unbaked cookies. Then I sprinkled them with some coloured sugar and baked them. ~



(I make no apologies for the quality of the picture. I'm a blogger, not a photographer. LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment