Monday, July 6, 2009

The first step

And here it is. The first step in this blog. Let me tell you a little about myself. I am a 36 year old happily married mom of two. Our son is 4 1/2 and our daughter just turned 22 months. We knew before we ever had kids that we would homeschool them, and this year we're embarking on that journey.

I am also a foodie. I have been all my life, though I didn't know it. I want to thank whoever coined the term, because it gave me something to identify my passion as. I love food. I love reading about food. I love talking about food. I love learning about food. If you go on vacation, I want to know what you ate. I'm sure the seashore was lovely, but tell me about the food. I read cookbooks like novels. My husband has stopped asking me what recipe I'm looking up when I am perusing yet another cookbook. I curl up with recipes like others curl up with Agatha Christie. I am all a-twitter about the upcoming Julie and Julia movie!

Then there is the journey of faith, which I won't really blog a lot about. Faith is a very intimate thing, and not necessarily something that I am comfortable putting out there for the world to read about.

So in a very small nutshell, that is me, and where I am at. Welcome. Walk with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment